EncodeHD 1.3.246.0 (let’s call it a beta shall we?)

I’ve been beating this around a bit and it’s been pretty solid. That being said, I’m working best guess on a number of the profiles, and I haven’t been keeping up to date with FFmpeg in quite some time so there’s every possibility there’s broken stuff in here. For that reason I’m not updating the main page until I get some positive feedback from people on what’s there right now.

So, feel free to give the new version a whirl and let me know how it goes.

What’s New…

• Added profiles for
    • AppleTV 3
    • iPad 3 / 4
    • iPhone 5
    • Nexus 4
    • Nexus 7
    • Lumia 920
    • Galaxy S2
    • Galaxy S3
  • Fixes to iPad 1 / 2 profile for AC3 audio in TV mode
  • Added support for progress in task bar for Win 7 / 8
  • Updated H.264 encoding parameters to improve quality
  • Updated to work with latest FFmpeg builds
  • Changed all the profile names to be more descriptive
  • Try to handle files with no frame rate details
  • Removed Snarl support
  • Updated Ffmpeg to git-26c531c (25th Nov 2012)
  • Updated MediaInfo to 0.7.61 (22nd Oct 2012)
[bra_button text=’Download EncodeHD Beta’ url=’http://dcunningham.net/downloads/encodehd/enchd_1.3.246.0.zip’ target=’_self’ size=’medium’ style=’rounded’ color=’grey’]
By | 2016-10-14T17:30:57+00:00 December 17th, 2012|EncodeHD|9 Comments

9 Comments

1. tempaccess December 18, 2012 at 7:28 pm - Reply

Been using this for a while and your updates are great… dont stop making these updates!! 😀 greetz

2. NHI December 31, 2012 at 12:55 am - Reply

WOW. It’s alive! I’ve searching for a new version for a long time. I thought it’s dead. My have been using version 1.1.182.0 for a long time and was going to give up, but then I tried to search to see if there is version 1.1.182.0 for mac, and found this update. EncodeHD is my favorite converter all time. I use it for verything 720p or lower. For 1080, I use Handbreak, which seemed to be slower, but it has mac version. Thank you Dan.

3. NHI December 31, 2012 at 1:00 am - Reply

It would be really great to have EncodeHD convert .ISO files and have option to save to a different directory other than the same folder as the original files.

4. Bruno-France February 4, 2013 at 2:41 pm - Reply

Keep up this good work. Encode HD is my best software to convert files. It is far from other (handbrake for me has too much bugs)

5. Rob February 4, 2013 at 6:13 pm - Reply

I’m still using Encode HD, i did prefer Encode 360 because it had lots of settings I could change to my liking, still Encode HD is great and I plan on using it for a long time yet, keep the updates coming thanks for the hard work

6. adam March 16, 2013 at 7:56 pm - Reply

Great utility!!

7. Derek March 16, 2013 at 11:30 pm - Reply

I concur with Rob, I liked the options that Encode 360 had. Thanks for these apps EncodeHD is my first option for re-encodes. Thanks again!

8. Dan March 22, 2013 at 8:07 pm - Reply

Cheers guys. Haven’t heard any complaints about this version so I’ll try update a few components over the weekend, run a few tests and release as stable.

9. Mike Caines May 6, 2013 at 4:13 pm - Reply

I second the above sentiments….been using the beta regularly and have run into zero issues….great work Dan! Many thanks!